First Four Weeks, Great Success: 150,000+ Rides on Cincinnati Bell Connector
This article originally appeared in Mass Transit.
October 10, 2016-
It’s hard to believe, but it was just four weeks ago that the Cincinnati Bell Connector opened to the public.
In that month, there have been many accomplishments:
- Safe operations with no service accidents
- As of Oct. 6, 151,654 rides provided, far exceeding projections especially on weekends:
-Grand Opening weekend (sept. 9-11) – 50,646 rides
-Oktoberfest weekend (Sept. 16-18) – 29,113 rides
-Bengals Home Opener weekend (Sept. 23-25) – 18,006 rides
-Reds Games Weekend (Sept. 30-Oct. 2) – 14,907 rides
- Beginning this weekend, more streetcars will be in service to accommodate the number of people riding and to reduce wait times.
- More than 5,600 riders have downloaded the new Cincy EZRide app to buy their fare on their phones. The app is free and is available on Android and iOS smartphones.
- Changes coming soon to make the ticket vending machines faster and easier for streetcar riders to use.